Digital Transformation in the Automotive Industry
Learn about all the trends and solutions that are reshaping the way vehicles are designed and manufactured
Ready for any Future Trends
Digital Transformation in the Automotive Industry is one of the most exciting phenomena we can witness today. In this field of activity, many revolutions are taking place or are about to come: Autonomous Vehicles, Electric Cars, Smart Mobility, and Connected Vehicles. Engineers and manufacturers are working hard to prepare a future that we can only imagine: smarter, more connected, more sustainable, more resilient to change.
Companies that are part of this supply chain must be prepared for Digital Transformation in the Automotive Industry. Everything becomes more and more digital. We, as a partner of Siemens, can offer an ecosystem of solutions that makes you ready to embrace all main future trends of the Automotive Industry.
Digital Transformation in the Automotive Industry is just the last revolution
We can consider Digital Transformation in the Automotive Industry as yet another change in an industry where the scenario has always changed quickly. As you can see in the interesting graph below, the protagonists of this scene have always been different. In the beginning, United States dominated, with their Fordist model, based on mass production. Soon Germany emerged as the biggest competitor, but in the mid-70s Japan became the leader. Later other important European car industries loss their importance in favor of Asian ones. Now China is the biggest producer, almost exclusively for its internal market, while Germany is the biggest exporter.
Two big challenges to face
Digital Transformation in the Automotive industry is the answer to the main challenges that this sector must face now. They are challenges that involve the whole humanity. But the way the world of motors evolves is crucial to understanding how long we will able to secure the balance we need.
Siemens means “Electronics for the Automotive Sector”
Siemens is the only vendor to offer Automotive vehicle electronics development solutions all the way from low power high-performance silicon integration to multi-board & harness design with continuous “left-shift” verification.
Siemens has the industry's most comprehensive solution for system capture, design exploration, virtual simulation, and closed-loop multi-domain validation and verification.
- Manage the ECAD WIP in a concurrent design process.
- Enable collaborative review.
- Provide engineers a single view of all component data and models.
- Manage security and distribution of library data across the team.
- Trace reuse usage & changes across the enterprise.
- Conductivity is a property that allows electricity to flow through a material.
- Silicon material is commonly used as a semiconductor in electronics: devices such as transistors, printed circuit boards, and integrated circuits make use of silicon's highly conductive properties to maximize their performance.
- Manage complex electronics system design including boards, cables & connectors.
- Facilitate collaborative development & connectivity management / validation.
- Enable IP (intellectual property) reuse of system elements (inclusion of a piece of design from an existing design).
- Address the most complex signal, power & thermal integrity issues.
- Fully integrated in the design flow enabling issues to be caught early.
- Empower PCB engineers to identify first-order issues at design-stage.
- Simulate performance from board, component, to pins.
- Minimize cost and time associated with physical HALT testing.
- Streamline collaboration between electronics & mechanical teams within their native context.
- Enable design optimization for form-factor, quality, and performance.
- Allow users to preview design proposals and assess implications before commitment.
- Cabling is often used for interconnections between boards and other system components.
- Each logical cable requires physical representation. Advantages: 1. Rapid, right-first-time, error-free electrical and harness design. 2. Automated harness engineering for creation of production-ready drawings, BOMs, costings, data files and manufacturing reports.
- Accelerates time-to-manufacture with automated & fast DFM validation during design. Shift manufacturing knowledge into the design process to enable efficient and cost-effective new product introductions.
- Out-of-the-box and customized rule set up.
- Designed to be used by designers as well as manufacturing specialists.
This Infographic highlights the key trends and implications in the global automotive industry. It then highlights Siemens Digital Industries Software solutions for the automotive industry and discusses our leadership, momentum, expertise claims.
Ready for the future of Automotive
Siemens’ ecosystem of solutions makes the company ready to embrace all main future trends of the automotive industry:
Autonomous driving & driver assist systems
Electric vehicles & supporting technology
Smart fleets & multi-modal transport
Connecting car, driver and infrastructure
Software for Digital Transformation in the Automotive Industry
Do you want to receive more information about Digital Transformation in the Automotive Industry?
Do you want to receive more information?
Ask an expert for information about Digital Transformation in the Automotive Industry
Contact us and we will answer your doubts and curiosities as soon as possible.