Software solutions for Students and Universities
Engineering tools to future-proof your career
Cadlog supports Students and Universities through the Higher Education Program (HEP). HEP is Siemens’ program aimed at empowering the next generation of digitally talented engineers.
Higher Education Program (HEP)
Higher Education Program (HEP) provides universities, colleges, and schools with leading-edge design tools for classroom instruction and academic research to help ensure that engineering graduates enter into the industry proficient with state-of-the-art tools and techniques. Through HEP, we and Siemens strive to develop long-term relationships with engineering schools and universities in all countries in our market. To date, Siemens has partnered with more than 1,600 academic institutions worldwide.
Siemens’s Higher Education Program supports engineering education by providing design and simulation software, technical support, training, and resources for use in teaching, class work, and academic research during school and post-graduation. HEP members have access to:
- As many copies of the software as needed
- The same customer support services as corporate customers
- Siemens-advertised public training classes on a space-available basis and on-demand training (for nominated faculty staff members)
- Online product demonstrations and tutorials
Under Siemens’ Higher Education Program (HEP), products are organized in design packages from which program members will choose based on their needs. Upon admittance to the program, members will receive licenses for all products in the package(s) that they desire.
Tools available to students
Siemens provides a wide list of software tools under the Higher Education Program (HEP). Below you can see an overview of the main offering.
Enjoy your free one-year license to PADS Professional Student Edition for PCB Design. Take advantage of all the "getting started" materials to bring you up to speed fast!
Why PADS Professional Student Edition?
- Easy-to-use: Fully integrated tool flow from concept to manufacturing files
- Powerful: Same leading tool used by most innovative companies in high technology
- Resources galore: Abundant getting started videos and free on-demand training.
- PartQuest: Access to millions of pre-made eCAD models for your library
Solid Edge Student Edition is a free professional 3D CAD software for students. You can build the skills you need as an engineer with Solid Edge Student Edition software —a free version of the same easy-to-use software suite used by professionals. Learning Solid Edge as part of your education prepares you to enter the workforce and helps you stand out in today’s highly competitive economy.
- Advanced product development capabilities, including automated drafting, exploded view creation, animation, advanced rendering, and simulation.
- Free access to topic-based or project-based tutorials, online self-paced courses and interactive learning resources. Students can also achieve Solid Edge Certification.
- An access to Siemens’ online Solid Edge User Community, including a dedicated forum for students.
Simcenter FloEFD for Solid Edge
Simcenter FloEFD for Solid Edge is a general-purpose Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) software that is fully embedded in Solid Edge and it is available FREE to students. Create designs with Solid Edge and immediately test them for fluid flow and heat transfer. Fast, accurate and easy to use, Simcenter FloEFD for Solid Edge offers the same functionality as its commercial counterpart so you can conduct realistic tests on your designs.
The solution offers tight integration with CAD, an intuitive user experience, the ability to conduct parametric studies and design comparison, and fast and robust automated meshing capabilities.
Why should you download this CFD student software today?
- It is free to any active student
- It is compatible with your university or academic institution’s equipment
- It provides a hands-on opportunity to learn CFD simulation
Resources for Students
Siemens helps today’s engineering students prepare for tomorrow, providing student engineering software to empower the next generation of digital talent. Learn how our software and training can get you ready for Industry 4.0. As the engineering industry rapidly changes, ensure you have the skills businesses need. Future proof your career with digital skills in high demand.
Resources for Educators
Siemens provides a robust selection of classroom-ready curricular materials, completely free. These learning resources are developed cooperatively by professors at Siemens’ partner universities and technical experts to help you prepare your students for Industry 4.0. Explore now the Educator Resources page to see all the opportunities offered to you by Siemens.
Stand out in today's competitive environment and learn how to close the engineering skills gap in the age of digitalization. Download the new Tech-Clarity eBook.
The software you will learn to use
Do you want to receive more information about this Solutions?
Do you want to receive more informations?
Do you want to receive more information about Solutions for Students and Universities?
Contact us and we will provide you with the resources you need.